Monday, February 17, 2014

More Freebies Brought to You By Microsoft at City Creek


I wanted to test out this Free Merit Badge Class before I sent it out to my faithful readers.  And I am so glad I did!  This is a perfect setting for some of the new technology merit badges.  The Microsoft store at City Creek now offers FREE merit badge classes.  The current list of free classes includes Computers, Digital Technology, Movie Making, and Photography.  They do a great job of engaging the boys and giving them the opportunity for some hands on experience. 

If you would like to schedule any of these classes, please call the store directly at 801-869-9770.  I would recommend a group of 6-10 boys.  We had 14 and it was a large group for the setting but still manageable.

Here are a couple of things to remember, the Computer Merit Badge is being replaced and will no longer be available after 2014.  Also, ask about some of the other technology based badges.  When I spoke with them they were developing classes for Animation, Multi-Media, and Advanced Computing.  All of which are new Merit Badges being released sometime this year.

Also, leave yourself some time to let the boys wander the store after the class.  Each of the boys got an opportunity to play on the new Xbox One while we were there, try out some of the new laptops, and they even got a demo of a 3D printer.  It was all very neat.  I would recommend these classes to anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I took my son to the Computers class. The person teaching was very knowledgeable, but seemed to talk about what would be part of the new technology classes rather than what was listed on the Computers Merit Badge workbook. Overall, a good experience. Thanks meritbadgemom for the information about these classes.

    ReplyDelete